Tuscarora Students Decorate Homecoming Hallways

By Madeline Swank

On the eve of September 18th, students of all grades came together to decorate the hallways for Homecoming. The decorating began after school on the 17th until as late as midnight. The seniors decorated the upstairs 600 hallway, juniors decorated the upstairs 200 hallway and the freshman and sophomores split the upstairs 500 hallway. The hallways were then evaluated by multiple teachers with the seniors winning the contest.

Many students had difficulty accommodating their ideas with the fire-marshall restrictions which specify that all decoration must be 12-16 inches from the ceiling. Extension cords also could not be used when connecting lights or any other objects.

Students, though restrained by these various fire-code regulations, managed to fill the hallways with mass amounts of paper, paint and creativity.

Hallway decorating is viewed as a social scene, as well as a way to showcase your school spirit and competitiveness. “I really like doing activities with my classmates because some of these people I don’t know.  think it’s really fun to do arts and crafts with grown people,” said junior Bessie Tubman.

Students look forward to homecoming hallway decorating and plan on participating again next year.