Broadway Desserts: Tuscarora Choir’s Upcoming Concert

Broadway Brought to the Leesburg Community

The Broadway stage is filled with glitz, glamor, and fabulous performances by your favorite actors. Although, most people aren’t willing to pay $300 for a seat where you can barely see the stage. But for $15, you can see your favorite Broadway songs performed right on the Tuscarora High School stage. On Feb. 10th at 7 p.m., Tuscarora choirs come together to sing a variety of songs from famous Broadway musicals, such as She Used To Be Mine from Waitress, Beauty and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, Can You Feel The Love Tonight from The Lion King and more. See Broadway Desserts on February 10th!

“I think Broadway Desserts is our chance to showcase our unique styles as singers and perform songs we love,” said Sydney Nicklas, a junior in Tuscarora High School’s choir program. Broadway Desserts steps away from the typical choir programs found in high schools and allows the singers to shine. Broadway Desserts also allows performers who aren’t in the choir to showcase their skills. The entire night is filled with fun Broadway songs from jazz musicals like Anything Goes to hip-hop sensation Hamilton. Compared to the upcoming choir assessment in March, which will include songs in various languages and styles, Broadway Desserts allows singers to flourish in their favorite genres, along with solos that typically aren’t permitted in standard choral environments. 

Along with outstanding performances, Tuscarora Choir is also providing a variety of sweet treats to heighten your experience. The beauty of Broadway in New York City is the variety of food options within the theaters, from nachos to show-themed candies. Broadway Desserts guarantees to satisfy your sweet tooth. 

Broadway Desserts might seem like all fun and games, but Tuscarora Choir has been rehearsing since November. Everyday in class, the singers work with their ensemble and on their solo songs to guarantee a stellar performance. Tuscarora Choir performs a variety of songs Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop Of Horrors, You’ll Be Back from Hamilton, along with a special performance of Seasons Of Love from Rent with Tuscarora choir alumni. 

Desserts, Broadway, theatrical performances, and more all fill the school on February 10th at 7 p.m. Come support your fellow students and the Tuscarora Fine Arts department with a night of glamor.