Trump’s Second Impeachment Inquiry

By — Njeri Jackson

As of recent days and the continual reactions over the result of the election, the House of Representatives  is officially trying to impeach President Trump. Trump is being accused of “engaging in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the government of the United States.” 

After the incident at the Capitol where a large number of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in protest against Biden’s trump in the election, the idea of impeaching Trump became prominent. It is one of the reasons he is being trialed for impeaching, alongside his push for Georgia’s state of secretary to find “more votes for him.” He is being accused of intervening during a shift of power, going against the integrity of the democratic system, and imperiling against another equal branch of government.

This isn’t the first time Trump has been tried for impeachment. In 2019 he became the third U.S president to be considered for impeachment following Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. He was again tried for Misdemeanors and Crimes after he began putting pressure on Ukraine which leaked on TV and national news and sparked a Democratic support to investigate and try for impeachment. He will be making history as the first U.S president to participate in a post-presidential impeachment trial in history.

The vote from the House (of Representatives) is predicted to be out by the end of the week and Senate trials to be complete after he leaves office following Biden’s inauguration next week.