Middleton Joins 1,000 Point Club

On January 22, another Huskie joined the surpassed the 1,000 point career mark. Junior Isabellah Middleton swished a free throw in the fourth quarter against Stone Bridge High School to reach 1,000 points during her three-year varsity career.

“It finally feels like my hard work is starting to pay off,” Middleton said.

Middleton joins her sister, a 2018 graduate, Kennedy Middleton. Along with Kennedy, Isabellah joins Chloe Roach and Alexis Bailey in Tuscarora’s 1,000 point club.

“I am so happy to be in the club with my sister and it just makes me want to go the extra mile and do more,” Middleton noted.

Breaking records is nothing new for Middleton. On January 11, she reached 500 career rebounds and joined the 500 rebounds club.

“The game I scored my 1000th point in was very emotional for me,” Middleton said. “I didn’t show it but I was extremely happy and it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I made myself proud.”

Middleton leads the Huskies night in and night out, averaging 26-points per game. As a captain, she displays consistent leadership on and off of the basketball court.

The Huskies (15-3, overall, 9-2 in conference) are currently second in the Potomac District. The Huskies have three games remaining in their regular season and are aiming for a strong postseason run.