DECA Hosts 4th Annual Fall Bazaar

By Katie Stankard

On November 15, From 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Tuscarora Cafeteria, 32 different vendors sold goods or promoted handmade products and services for the annual Fall Bazaar hosted by DECA.

This year’s beneficiary of the bazaar was Ellie’s Hats, an organization that funds childhood cancer research, as well as provides hats for children undergoing treatment. Customers were encouraged to bring hats to donate.

The bazaar received about 300 customers, and donated over $250 to Ellie’s Hats. DECA also sold raffle tickets, for $1.00 apiece. 100% of the proceeds of the 236 raffle tickets sold went to Ellie’s Hats.

In order to be a part of the bazaar, vendors had to pay $55.00 for their booth space in the cafeteria, and donate a prize valued at $25.00 to be raffled off. Vendors also had the option to donate a percentage of their sales to Ellie’s Hats. The vendors that donated a percentage of their sales are Jemberry Independent Consultant, and Stella and Dot.

Businesses ranged from Swirladelic, who sold DIY or pre-made silk scarves, to Hummer’s Back to Basics, who sold honey chapstick and soap.

Junior Alyana Torres and senior Benjamin Pocs were in charge of putting the event together, along with help from other DECA members.