Tri-M Raises the Bar for Fundraising for Charity

By Brianna Meeks

Tri-M took on the challenge of raising money for the Fender Music Foundation this year at Tuscarora.

Each year, Tuscarora’s Tri-M Music Honor Society decides to raise funds for a “year-long project.” Last year, fundraising for a fine arts showcase was largely unsuccessful, but this year, there is more fervor for the goal of raising $1,500 for a charity, the Fender Music Foundation. The Fender Music Foundation uses 100% of donations to supply instruments to various music programs.

Senior Ashleigh Walker likes the plan, saying, “I love that we get to spread music to everyone. It’s unfortunate when people can’t afford to share in music.”

Tri-M is now planning on having a bake sale at basketball games, with dates still to be determined. The society was planning on selling snacks during exam week as the first fundraiser, but the snow days detracted from the opportunity to plan for this.

Tri-M encompasses students in choir, band, guitar, and orchestra. This organization not only seeks to improve music appreciation within the group, but also in the school, community, and the world.

Tuscarora’s Tri-M is looking forward to more fundraising during the year as well as service opportunities in the school and community, including a possible opportunity to have a Battle of the Bands. Donations can still be made at any school concert, where society members usher and hold a can for donations.