Fandom Friday — New Rules for Vaccinated Americans

By — Njeri Jackson

As more and more people become vaccinated for COVID-19 the CDC has recently released some new guidelines of what these people can now do because of their vaccination.

According to the CDC, people that have been vaccinated are now allowed to gather inside without masks among people that were vaccinated or who aren’t vaccinated. The reason they can interact with people that aren’t vaccinated is because they aren’t able to catch COVID as others are. They also can disregard the physical distancing protocol in this environment. A person is considered fully vaccinated after two weeks following the last shot in a series of two shots, or the one shot from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

While there are new regulations for these fully vaccinated people, the CDC still wants people to be aware of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and adhere to the rules set for the population of unvaccianted citizens in the public. They are still required to wear masks in public, keep six feet apart, keep their distance from those most at risk from the virus, and abide by other Covid related rules. They also have to follow health guidelines as well as travel guidelines that are in place.

The good news is that people now can interact with others that they couldn’t before. Grandparents can finally gather with their grandchildren, teachers are now seeing their students, and even more. The vaccine has opened a less restricted life for those that took it and Americans now have a more normal life to look forward to in the future.