Bi-Weekly Wrap-Up (1/9-1/22)

Hey Huskies! Here is what you need to know about what happened this week and what’s coming up.

By: Njeri Jackson

Sports

There will be numerous basketball games at all three levels (Varsity, JV, and Freshman) over the next two weeks. Some of their opponents include Broad Run, Lightridge, and Loudoun Valley. 

Indoor track has three upcoming events: a quad meet at Broad Run (Jan 13th at 3:00pm), a tri meet at Loudoun Valley (Jan 20th at 3:00pm), and an invitational at Broad Run (Jan 22nd at 9:00am). 

Wrestling has three upcoming events: a meet against Broad Run and Lightridge at Tuscarora (Jan 11th at 6:00pm), an invitational at John Handley (Jan 15th at 9:00am), and a meet at Heritage (Jan 22nd at 9:00am)

The swimming team has two upcoming meets. One is at 5:30pm the 15th at the Claude Moore Recreation Center against Broad Run and the other is the 21st at 9:00pm at Ida Lee Recreation Center against Heritage. 

Lastly, gymnastics will be having a meet against John Champe, Freedom, Lightridge, Loudoun County, and Stone Bridge (at John Champe at 6:00pm) on the 19th.

Make sure to come and support our huskies in their sports!

Here is the official schedule of events: https://gohuskiesathletics.com/events 

Activities

There is an art contest being hosted in an attempt to promote No Name Calling Week (Jan 17th-21st).  Submissions will be taken up until the 21st. You can contact Ms. Austin with any questions you might have ([email protected]

The library is offering to teach students how to knit during lunches on Tuesday and Wednesday (1/18-1/19). They are also celebrating National Mentoring Month right now, celebrating with books, activities, and prizes.

Recent and Upcoming Events

There will be new policies for sports because of the recent spike in Covid cases. Students are required to wear masks at all times inside, including the weight room. Students should make sure to sanitize or wash their hands after handling all equipment. In addition, if students have any symptoms of covid, Coaches are to excuse these students from practice. Update will be coming soon if further change is to occur.