Gameday Recap (1/24 – 1/29)

Now that the 2nd quarter has finished wrapping up, here’s a look at the sports that took place before the quarter ended!

Gameday Recap (1/24 - 1/29)

By: Joey Hudson

BASKETBALL:

Boys Varsity Basketball:

The Boys Varsity team played Rock Ridge on the 25th at an away game. The Varsity team managed to put on a great performance against Rock Ridge, winning the game with a score of 50-44. 

Originally supposed to play on the 28th against Loudoun County High School, the game was postponed to the 29th due to snow. During the game against Loudoun County at a home game, the Varsity boys were able to beat out the Loudoun County team with a winning score of 71-59. The team has managed to overpass their losses in their total record, with their current record being 8-7.

Varsity Girls Basketball:

The Girls Varsity team played against Rock Ridge on the 25th at a home game. During the game, the Tuscarora girls team controlled the game from beginning to end and added another win under their belt, winning the game with a score of 49-10.

Originally supposed to play on the 28th against Loudoun County High School, the game was postponed to the 29th due to snow. The Varsity Girls team had similar results during their game against Loudoun County as they did when they played against Rock Ridge. The Tuscarora girls managed to get another impressive win added to their record, winning the game with a score of 62-10. The team is currently 12-4 in their record.

Junior Boys Basketball:

The Junior boys also played against Rock Ridge at an away game on the 25th. While the beginning was neck and neck between the teams, the Tuscarora team started to pull ahead of the Rock Ridge team. The Junior team managed to pull out an impressive win against the Rock Ridge team, winning the game with a score of 54-37.

Originally supposed to play on the 28th against Loudoun County High School, the game was postponed to the 29th due to snow.

Junior Girls Basketball:

Much like the Girls Varsity team, the Junior girls team played an impressive game against the Rock Ridge’s team and saw success with their performance. Played on the 25th at a home game, the Junior girls won their game against Rock Ridge with a score of 44-11.

Originally supposed to play on the 28th against Loudoun County High School, the game was postponed to the 29th due to snow. At an away game against Loudoun County, the Junior girls controlled and dominated throughout the entire game and ended it with a victory. The final score was 41-10.

WRESTLING:

The Tuscarora Wrestling team played against Dominion High School and Loudoun County High School at home for a Multi-team wrestling event. With mixed performances across the board, the wrestling team still managed to show skillful performances in their matches.