Tech Tuesday — Microsoft 10 Up For Yet Another UI Refresh

By — Danny Kistner

Windows 10 has forever been, since it was announced by Microsoft, its last update and though the UI has received a number of subtle changes over the past several years, the name has remained—and will continue to. However, Windows Central has just reported that a number of sources are claiming a new project to “rejuvenate” the UI of Windows 10 in 2021, a project being called Sun Valley internally. A job offer had also been posted on Microsoft’s website recently, discussing briefly these plans, but after the number of leaks was subtly removed. 

We don’t know what to expect quite just yet from the rumors, given how early in the process Sun Valley is in development, but from what we know, we can expect a fresher, cleaner UI and UX experience on Windows products and devices to create a more cohesive and modern ecosystem. It is also rumored that some of the functions within certain PCs will also change, such as what trackpad touches do or how certain buttons work.

Either way, this comes very close to Apple’s own MacOS refresh, which occurred just two months ago, wherein Apple updated the Mac system to match their new IOS 14 on iPhones and iPadOS 14 on iPads. As two highly competitive companies—and two highly competitive ecosystems—we can only wait and see how this so-called Sun Valley update works, or doesn’t work, in Microsoft’s favor.