The Sky’s the Limit with Mr. Person

By — Mia Cramaro

My job is to tap into different potentials.” Said Person. Mr. Person is Tuscarora’s interim principal, while Mrs. Croft is on leave for health reasons. Mr. Person is retired after spending several years as principal of Stone Bridge and has graciously stepped in to support the staff and students of Tuscarora this school year. Person is a long standing educator however his experience at Tuscarora has been very different for him. So far he has been very happy with the school. 

Mr. Person has been retired for five years; however, he’s been working regularly since and has taken on many jobs in the school system. He didn’t plan on working as much, but he’s found he loves visiting and learning with students even after retirement. He’s even worked at the elementary level and has filled in with transportation a few times; working as fleet manager, mechanics, and how everyone keeps the buses moving. “It’s an incredible operation.” Said Person. 

But to really get to know Mr. Person means really seeing what he did before being in public education. He grew up in Richmond and went to high school there. He went to college at William and Mary and loved it. He taught in Richmond as well before coming to Loudoun County. Even though school administration as been his favorite profession, he had a lot of interesting jobs before going to school administration. He delivered morning newspapers as a kid, cleaned oil tanks, installed runway lights, and has been to China and London. When talking about his continued work in this profession, he says “The sky’s the limit in this profession.”