Want to Be a Shenanifan?

Tuscarora’s Finest Improv Comedians putting on a Good Show.
Isabel Frigault

Looking for some Friday night entertainment? Something to take you away from life’s troubles? It is an improv group filled with talented thespians with extra large funny bones. Shenanigans, shows performed by Tuscarora’s finest comedians, putting on free nighttime entertainment to keep the blood pressure low.  

The improv group Shenanigans was founded in 2011. Striving to provide high-quality entertainment that appeals to all ages and people. One of the main goals set by Mr. Daniel and all previous Shenanigans leaders have claimed has been to improve the improv. Shenanigans also strive to improve their improv troupe and stand out from other schools by being audition-based. This year, out of 12 auditionees, ten members were selected. These new additions, along with returning members, continue to earn their spot as top comedians and talented entertainers. 

Club leader, Peyton Gull, an aspiring actress and sophomore in Tuscarora High School. Expressed how Tyler Steeprow, a past Shenanigans club leader, inspired her to be a great organized leader that doesn’t produce mediocre results. “He was a funny guy who taught me what it means to be a leader.” Peyton Gull also explained how Shenanigans uses teamwork to come up with their stunning shows. “On the day of the show, we stay after school and brainstorm a intro for the show, we our super secret Shenanigans chant for good luck!” Peyton stated. However, the true main goal of Shenanigans this year is to find the funny things in life. The beauty of comedy and working as a group to bring other people happy. “The reason Shenanigans is special, compared to other high school improv troupes is because we are a family.” Peyton shared. The outstanding chemistry and wittiness of each member allows a variety of stories to be told and laughter to be shared. 

Whether you need to distract yourself from a research symposium or it’s no longer Football season, Shenanigans offers a variety of entertaining skits and segments that have audiences cackling in their seats. Opening their season this past week with a show on October 23rd, and currently planned shows on December 7th, February 14th, and May 30th. Don’t bring water or food to this free show, it’ll be in your lap after 20 minutes from laughing.