Gameday Recap: 8/30 – 9/3

Another year of Tuscarora Sports has kicked off. Catch up on what you missed and what’s to come!

Gameday Recap: 8/30 - 9/3

Despite a lot of postponed games across multiple sports last week, excited Tuscarora students and athletes still managed to kick off quite a few games last week, including the annual Tailgate that took place September 2. Here’s a quick rundown on last week’s events:

Due to bad weather on September 1, all games that day had to be postponed. These games included, Varsity Golf, Boys and Girls Varsity Cross Country, Junior Varsity Football, Junior Varsity and Varsity Volleyball. 

The 9th Grade Football team also faced a loss on August 30 against Woodgrove High School in a close 12-6 game. 

The major event of the week was the Tailgate game that took place last Thursday at 7pm. Students, families, teachers, and administrators all wore white to participate in the white out and to show their school spirit and support for the Varsity football team. The team went against Rockridge High School, in which the Tuscarora team took down Rockridge with a complete shutout with a final score of 36-0.

Upcoming Sporting Events this week:

• Varsity Football @ John Champe High School (September 10, 7:15pm) Camo Night!
  • Boys Varsity Cross Country @ Invitational @ Oatlands Plantation (September 11, 9:00am)
  • Girls Varsity Cross Country @ Invitational @ Oatlands Plantation (September 11, 9:00am)