Swifties were not Ready for this Tour

On July 10th, 2018 the Reputation Stadium Tour of Taylor Swift’s took place in Landover, Maryland. The pre concert was filled with the performances from Taylor’s good friends and popular artists, Charli XCX and Camila Cabello. After their performance, the screens went dark and everyone grew quiet awaiting for Swift to come onto the stage.

The Jumbotron sized screens lit up with clips of younger Taylor, which many fans would refer to as “The Old Taylor”, and showed how the media, old fans, and society has came for her in ways that she deemed to be unrealistic and untrue.  She opened up the Tour with a loud and vicious “Are you ready for it?”. After her singing of the song, “I Did Something Bad”, a song about how society makes it out to be as though she’s the bad guy in things she does, she welcomed all 95,000 fans that attended according to Billboard Boxscore.

As the concert progressed with many of her songs off of her Reputation album, Swift threw in some oldies and it showed that the “Old Taylor is dead” statement is not as true as many people thought. Before her performance of Long Live, a throwback to 2010 from Speak Now, she sat down at the piano and looked out into the sea of fans and talked about all that she’s been going through. Many people in the crowd were getting teary eyed as she thanked them for standing by her side and supporting her, as she took an extra year off of music to work on herself.

At the end of night, Taylor stood on top of a water fountain, hair wet, and sang a mashup of “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things.” Reputation magazine confetti rained down, fireworks shot up into the air, and the aurora of the crowd was as vibrant as the lit up stage. She thanked everyone for coming out after announcing thanks for her dancers and the show had ended with a simple yet heartfelt blooper video along with a blank screen that stated “And in the death of her reputation, she felt truly alive,” that symbolized the fact that Taylor Swift has never truly been so happy with her life and herself.