Breaking Bad TV Review

AMC is a cable channel that usually plays classic movies, but in recent years it has started producing original TV shows. Some of its original series include The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, and The Killing. For the most part, all of these shows have become incredibly successful and have received amazing awards, including Emmy’s. AMC has yet to have an unsuccessful show, and the channel itself won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series four years in a row, as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Drama for three years in a row.
AMC has even branched out to shows that are not fictional dramas. They recently premiered Comic Book Men, a reality show about some guys who own a comic book store, and The Talking Dead. The Talking Dead is a talk show that follows The Walking Dead, in which that latest episode is discussed and actors from the show are interviewed. The Walking Dead is so popular that it has its own talk show!

Breaking Bad TV Review

By: Lili Samios
Breaking Bad is a television show on AMC about cooking and selling methamphetamines.  It stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. The show has won six Emmys and gained extensive critical acclaim. The show is starting its fifth and final season during the summer of 2012. The show explores both the world of drug trade and the effect of the drug business on relationships and family.
Bryan Cranston stars as the shows protagonist, Walter White. The show begins with him as a docile chemistry teacher, but when he finds out he has terminal lung cancer he decides he needs to find away to provide for his family after he is gone. Of course, he turns to drugs. He teams up with an old student, Jesse, played by Aaron Paul, who has some experience in the dealings of meth.
Walter White has to find a way to provide for his wife, played by Anna Gunn, and his son, played by RJ Mitte. Over the next four seasons, Walter continues to make vast amounts of money illegally cooking meth. He also tries to hide this fact from his family and not be killed by Mexican drug lords. 
Breaking Bad is an incredibly popular show, but does it live up to its popularity? Yes, yes it does. The show has amazing writers and the acting is incredible. The creator of the show intended the series to show a man go from a regular, good person, to a truly bad drug dealer. If you watch all the seasons of the show you can see the main character slowly, realistically, evolve into a different person.
Though this drama is very serious, with violence and intense scenes, it has a good deal of comic relief. The show doesn’t take itself too seriously. Many characters are extremely entertaining, including Walter’s lawyer, played by Bob Odenkirk, an amazing character who is constantly providing comic relief during intense episodes.
As the seasons have gone on, they have gotten crazier and crazier, and the final season, set to premiere this summer, is said to be the craziest one yet. It is hard to imagine how the writers are going to step it up even further this next season.
Breaking Bad is an unbelievable show that has received incredible critical acclaim. It premieres its fifth and final season this summer, and everyone who hasn’t seen the show should get caught up because the last season is sure to be remarkable and no one should miss it.