Powder Puff: Seniors Keep the Crown

The Class of 2024 Won the Annual Powder Puff Game for the Second Consecutive Year

It was exhilarating when I scored a touchdown,” senior Alysa Carrigan remarked. On Friday, September 29th, the class of 2024 won the annual Powder Puff game for the second year in a row with a score of 24-6. The seniors scored four touchdowns, Sami Puterio scored two and  Audrey Stelle and Alysa Carrigan each scored one. Stelle scored the final touchdown, leading the team to victory. “The win felt great because I think only one other class has ever gone 2-0,” she said. The seniors went into the game confident and came out on top.

The juniors and seniors worked tirelessly to practice their plays and strategies. “Practices were very fun because they were all student-led, which made it a bit chaotic but still very fun,”  said junior Jane Fox. 

Stelle also enjoyed the preparation, saying it was “a lot of fun this year.”

The juniors had a challenge ahead of them, facing the reigning champions. Despite this, they went into the game with confidence. 

“Powderpuff is supposed to be lighthearted and enjoyable to participate in. The confidence part came naturally from that reason alone,” said junior Blake Burkhart. 

Macy Singleton, another junior, agreed that she “was just happy to be there.”

Both classes had great teamwork and had a good time playing with their friends. “Because it was a smaller group, we felt more united,” said Stelle. 

“Everyone put their best foot forward,” said Burkart about the junior class’s teamwork,“everyone having a common goal together created such a positive environment.”

The game concluded with the seniors victorious and the juniors motivated to win next year. 

“I absolutely think we will win when we’re seniors because we’re just like that,” said Fox. Singleton agreed, saying “we now know what to expect from the game and can adapt the way we practiced to work better.”

In the meantime, we can congratulate the seniors on their win and wish the juniors luck for next year’s game!