Volleyball Kicks Off the 2011-2012 Season

By: Forest Langhorne
Leesburg, VA- With the start of the 2011-2012 fall sports season, the Tuscarora volleyball team has started the season, with both varsity and JV posting both wins and losses in the matches they have played so far this season. 
The varsity team’s first match was held at Heritage HS on August 25th, which the team lost 1-3. The team went on to lose their next three matches, which were played against John Handley HS, Freedom HS, and Briar Woods HS. The team then played Park View HS at Park View, winning the match. However, the team lost the match after that, played against Loudoun County HS. 
JV started off the season with a win against Heritage HS, but then went on to lose their next game four days later against John Handley HS. The team then proceeded to win two of their next four games, leaving their current record at 4-3. 
With still roughly half the season left to go, there is still a lot of room for improvement for both the varsity and the JV teams. “Our district has a lot of great teams, so we aren’t winning every game, but we aren’t being destroyed.” said Sophomore Roxanne Orr about how she thought the team was doing this season. She went on to comment on how she hoped the team would improve this season elaborating, “During games, we have too many highs and lows. It would be nice for us to keep our momentum the entire game.”