Teachers who Chaperone Homecoming

By Sully Carr

At the beginning of every school year Tuscarora has their homecoming dance. Homecoming is the biggest dance of the school year because all high schoolers can attend the dance. Which means the school needs a large amount of teachers to chaperone the dance. Teachers who chaperone the dance stand around the gym and hallways to make sure everyone is safe during  homecoming. The some teachers who chaperone bring their kids or wife, but most just go alone. The teachers all enjoy the dance, and most chaperone the dance multiple times because they always have a great time.

Kevin Malone, a math teacher at Tuscarora, was a chaperone at the Tuscarora homecoming dance told me, “ This was my first year chaperoning the dance, and I enjoyed it quite a lot. The decorations for the dance were awesome! The game pieces and boards really made it fun, and it was apparent that there was a lot of work that went into them.” Kelly Wagner, a language teacher at Tuscarora, also was a chaperone at the dance and said, “ I had a great time at the dance. The decorations were great, and it looked like everyone was having a good time.” Teachers always seem to be having a great time at homecoming in the past, and hopefully for years to come.