Huskies Strike Late, Pull out Victory on Homecoming

By: Michael Nerantzis

Due to a losing reputation, Park View was seen as somewhat of a pushover game.  However, due to inefficient quarterback play and an anemic offense, Tuscarora let Park View in it until the end in a 13-9 Homecoming win.  In what should have been an easy, high scoring win turned quickly into a defensive struggle which featured two stingy defenses.  Park View was able to run the ball between the thirties, but Tuscarora’s D quickly stiffened when a scoring threat arose,”What allowed us to stop them from scoring was our pursuit to the ball,” said senior defensive end Dionte Fitts, “We had all 11 guys running to the ball to help make a play.”

For the second time in three weeks, the offense looked almost nonexistent.  Quarterback Chad Carrerra struggled a bit completing only 5 of 15 passes for 64 yards.  He had trouble finding open receivers and threw a damaging interception right after Tuscarora got one of their own.   If not for backup running back Adrien Stinger picking up the slack in the fourth quarter and scoring two touchdowns, we would most likely be talking about big time upset rather than a close win.
Adrien entered the game after starting running back Cameron Molina left in the second half with a minor concussion, “It’s no biggie, it’s the life of a running back.”  Molina, who has been the Huskies work horse his season, leads the team with seven touchdowns.  He had success early in the game running for 127 yards on a whopping 28 carries.  He could not, unfortunately, find the end zone.
With only three games left, the Huskies are looking ahead to a potential playoff berth “As of right now with a 6-1 record, there is not a doubt in anyone’s mind we’re not making playoffs,” says Molina. “The question is how far we go,” and with a good ending to the season, a long ride in the postseason may be possible.