Monday Mentions — Meet Your New Senior SCA Class President

By — Taylor Byrne

In the beginning of each new school year, each grade level elects their new SCA members to represent them and make their school year memorable.  This year the class of 2021 had a change in leadership. Ella Nassauer, Tuscarora Senior, is the New SCA class president with big plans for this unique and challenging school year.

Ella was a last minute candidate as she saw an advertisement to run for the SCA and decided that this was something that she really wanted to do. According to Miss Nassauer, “I wanted to run for class president because I really wanted to help people make the best out of their senior year. I want to see that we are efficient in our efforts to organize events (to the best of our ability with the current situation), and to keep everyone safe as well.”  Ella also has many goals for herself, mainly to be a positive role model and to be there for her fellow peers during these uncertain times.  

However her number one priority this year is to keeps kids involved. “It is extremely easy to not participate in events this year because there isn’t as much encouragement from peers to go. Many people don’t want to sit in front of their computer any longer than they have to to attend a virtual event. Or maybe your parents are too worried about the pandemic and won’t let you play sports. It’s easy to become disconnected from the class and I want to reach out to kids who maybe aren’t feeling welcomed or aren’t even seeing advertisements for events. I also want to find ways to check in on people and make sure people are able to interact with peers.” Ella stated passionately.

Ella Nassauer is a class president for the people, her goal is to create a welcoming environment to make this year amazing despite obvious limitations. Her message to her fellow students is this, “My message to my fellow huskies would just be to keep your head up. There will be an end to all the craziness, we will bounce back better than ever one day.”