Rocking the Cradle: What's Up With Lacrosse?

By: James Cassar
Regarded as one of the fastest sports played on two feet, Tuscarora’s lacrosse program aspires to not only break land-speed records, but to break in their relatively young roster and instill valuable experience in their players to bring success to the turf for years to
“The Huskies are committed to bring their best,” head coach Cariello says of his boys, “[Their] hard work and the time put in during both the season and off-season shows their desire to win and to always improve their abilities.”
Despite their less-than-stellar record after the first games in Tuscarora’s history, players still remain focused on the future of the lacrosse program – and hope that they may emerge victorious from this challenging start to their season. It can be argued that the Huskies, a team in their infancy, has been unfairly matched against far more experienced and seasoned teams, but our Huskies remain undaunted.
“We will work our hardest and do our best to overcome the obstacles that we have faced as a new program,” varsity defenseman Sean Cassar remarks about the extra mile his team has to go to remain afloat in this seemingly endless stormy sea of crushing competition. “Since the program is mostly made up of freshmen, by the time they have become seniors we will have developed into a talented and skillful team.”
It’s hard not to remain optimistic when you look at Coach’s track record. Although he has already experienced the frustration that comes with coaching a team that struggles to pull off a win, he has coached lacrosse programs that have made their way to undefeated seasons. Can the same be said for the Husky lacrosse program in the future? If our team remains focused on their mutual goal to succeed, the outcome should ensure a blaze of glory in years to come.