Tuscarora vs. John Champe Recap

Santos shots a free throw.jpg

Senior Guard Rosi Santos gets ready to take a shot from the foul line. Santos had 17 points that night for the Huskies in their 66-22 win over John Champe. “This game really helped us refocus,” said Santos after the game.

Katherine Looks Up.jpg

Guard Katherine Scheivert looks for a passing lane. The Huskies scored 66 points on the night and found offensive production. “I think the game and environment was fun,” said senior Kelley Kohler.

Tuscarora plays defense.jpg

Guard Alyssa Cabassa defends John Champe’s Sam Kelley as she is going towards the net.  The girls held the Knights to only 22 points through four quarters. “We made our adjustments on defense which really helped us out,” said junior guard Isabellah Middleton

Middleton goes down the court.jpg

Middleton takes the ball down the court. Middleton had 18 points on the night to help the team to victory. “Regardless of the opponent, we got through our sets,” Middleton added.

Troiano looks up.jpg

Sophomore Claire Troiano gets ready to take a foul shot during the third quarter. The Huskies took a 34-18 lead into the third quarter and led 52-14 going into the fourth. “We just had really good chemistry on both offense and defense and that will really help us moving forward,” Santos added.

Middleton looks up.jpg

Middleton looks up at the hoop before shooting the ball. The Huskies won the game 66-22 to sweep the season series with John Champe. “We executed well, and went in the right direction,” said Middleton.