A Jump into the Holiday Season

NATHAN FRANCIS
Processed with VSCO with hb2 preset

Holiday traditions are something that close friends and family do to make this time of year special for them. Many people have traditions from decorating their christmas tree, gingerbread houses and cookies, gift exchanges, watching christmas movies and much more. Here are a few of students traditions for this time of year.  

Junior Mckenzie Quinn and her family have a tradition for Christmas.  Their tradition is to open one gift on Christmas Eve.  Quinn says, “I like when my sisters pick a present I give them and get to see their reaction when they open it.”

Junior Campbell Tyrrell and her family also open one gift on Christmas Eve but, they also wear matching pajamas on the night before Christmas.  “I really like it because it’s fun to see all the pictures over the years and how we change.” said Tyrrell.

Another holiday tradition is from Junior Emerson Stelle.  She and her family always watch the movie A Christmas Story at least one time during the holiday season.  Stelle says, “I like watching the movie with my family because it brings us all together to relax and enjoy a special part of the holiday season.”  

Freshman Drew Francis and his family go out to Chinese before they go to a Christmas Eve service.  “I enjoy it most because we all get together as a family.” said Francis.

Madison Dombrowski decorated gingerbread houses with a group of friends and this was her favorite part, “I loved the judging, we all competed for what pair had the best house and it was so fun to debate and settle who would win.”  

Junior Emma Cotterill and her family have a family tradition of making spicy enchiladas for breakfast on Christmas morning.  “I like to do this because my mom, my grandma and I all make them together and it’s kind of a bonding this for us.” said Cotterill.  As you can see, there are many different traditions that people have during this time of year.

From making spicy enchiladas to decorating gingerbread houses, each one of these traditions makes the holiday season special.