Editorial: Get Spirited

PATRICK CONNELLY

By Kaitlyn Fletcher

I’m sure we have all heard the saying “high school will be the best four years of your life and before you know it, it will be over!” before, but what exactly do people mean when they say  this?

After just moving from Arlington and transferring to Tuscarora this year, my time here has already given me incredible glimpses of what exactly people mean by this. The dedicated Tusky Terror student fan section continues to amaze me week by week with their incredible amount of  support. Not only does it amaze me, it inspires me to be more involved with our school. More involved with things such as sporting events, SCA meetings, Homecoming planning, and spirit week before Homecoming. Homecoming is the first big event to take place this school year and I don’t know about you all, but I’m excited. Leading up to Homecoming will be a spirit week for everyone to participate in: Hippie Tuesday, Woodchopping Wednesday, and Theme Day. I get it.. We’re in high school now and some of us think that we’re too old to dress up and have fun, but how fun would it be to be goofy for a day or two with your friends? How often do you get to do something like this throughout the year? Once. There is only one Homecoming spirit week and only one Homecoming dance. When you look back on your time at Tuscarora, what do you want to remember? Do you want to be filled with “should haves” and “would haves” or do you want to get involved now so one day you can reminisce and look back and say “Oh yeah, I did that!”