Husky Turned Hoya

Story by Tucker Stuntz, Interview by Abby Fletcher

Committing to compete in division one athletics is one of the biggest milestones an athlete can achieve while in high school. This past fall, Senior Chris Caylor, one of Tuscarora’s starting linemen committed to play division one football at Georgetown University. Chris had been attending various football camps trying to get looks from many schools and was rather interested in Georgetown’s program. During his last high school season, he suffered a broken wrist injury. Chris remained positive while sitting out of various games and did not give up desire to play at the next level. Abby Fletcher was able to speak to him on his commitment and his last high school season.

Abby- Are you excited to be a Georgetown Hoya next fall?

Chris- I’m beyond excited to attend Georgetown. Like as soon as I stepped on campus it felt like home. The coaches are awesome, the location is amazing, and it’ll just be so much fun

Abby- How did Georgetown begin recruiting you and for how long were they recruiting you before they made their offer?

Chris- Georgetown saw me at some camps prior to seeing and meeting me. They were the third or fourth school to come pull me out of class and meet me.

Abby- What other schools were giving you looks?

Chris- I had a handful of schools giving me some major interest but nothing that could topple my love for Georgetown. The major schools that drew any interest from me were Holy Cross, The Naval Academy, William & Mary, Richmond, Columbia, Dartmouth, Yale, and Bucknell. All of those schools have viable programs for me but they just didn’t feel right.

Abby- How did the injury affect your recruiting process?

Chris- My broken wrist didn’t really affect my recruiting process too much, but definitely impaired my play. Colleges just wanted to know that it wouldn’t affect my collegiate career.

Abby- What was the most memorable moment in your high school football career?

Chris- My most memorable moments on the team were just all the fun time we had. The game that we beat Centreville, the crazy bus rides, the cookouts, and the water balloon wars were some of the best.

Abby- What will you miss most about Tuscarora Football?

Chris- Everything about our program is so unique and I absolutely would do it all over again in a heartbeat.