Tuscarora Athletes are D1 Bound

Tuscarora Athletes are D1 Bound
carrington
Senior Logan Carrington officially signs to the University of Virginia during a ceremony held at Tuscarora on January 30th. Photo by Michael Nerantiz

By Michael Nerantzis

Two seniors, track star Logan Carrington and left tackle Anders Peterson, signed with elite D1 programs this January.  Carrington committed to the University of Virginia after a long recruiting process involving multiple suitors. His signing comes right before the spring track season, where he is the top returning 400m runner in the Virginia 5A division and top five returning 800m runner.  “I wouldn’t be here without [my family and coaches],” said Carrington.

Peterson, on the other hand, chose the Ivy League route, opting to sign

Senior Anders Peterson, left tackle, committed to Dartmouth for football. He will attend Dartmouth after completing a two-year mission through his church. Photo courtesy of Lifetouch

with Dartmouth.  However, unlike Carrington, Anders will take a two year break from school before his freshman year to complete a mission trip through his church.  With Tuscarora, Anders anchored the offensive line and although he was hurt for much of his senior year, he was still able to make a significant impact in his return to the field.

What makes these two students so significant to Tuscarora’s athletic history is because this is the first time we have seen commits go to such prestigious schools.  It shows tremendous growth of the football program lead by Mike Burnett and the track team coached by Troy Harry.