The Magnificent Marching Band of THS

By: Dagney Palmer
The Tuscarora marching band has kicked off its inaugural season with a BLAST!  The band director, Mr. Williams, has led the musical marchers to the top. They were 2nd in their division in their first two competitions, and took first place in the most recent one. They have also won exceptional titles such as ‘Best auxiliary’, ‘Best percussion’, ‘Best drum major’, and ‘Best marching’. Especially for a new marching band, they are fantastic!
   There are about 43 members of the Tuscarora High School Marching Band. They play for competition shows along with appearing at pep rallies and parades, and of course play during halftime at many of Tuscarora’s sporting events. The members of the THS marching band had the opportunity to attend a Band Camp for eight hours a day for one week during the summer. During the first few months of school, the marching band held practices on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for two hours each day, along with an hour or two on Fridays as well. The marching band members have shown some serious dedication and passion for their performances. 
   Their first season has now come to a close, and all students and faculty at Tuscarora High School should be extremely proud of their marching band for accomplishing so much and putting in so much effort to give Tuscarora a great musical start!